A Good Bath
How to take a good bath
• Pick a time when you are unlikely to be distracted. Peace and quiet should help you to relax.
• Consider adding an essential oil, such as lavender oil, to promote relaxation.
• Your bathwater should be just a little hotter than body temperature, which is about 37C. Somewhere between 40C and 45C is ideal.
• Consider the temperature of the room as well. A Japanese study showed that bathing in 41C water in a 25C room increased body temperature more than taking a bath in a 14C room. However, if taking a bath to promote sleep before bed, the room temperature should be cooler: 18C is ideal.
• Large and sudden increases in temperature put strain on the heart, so if you suffer from heart problems, avoid hot baths – particularly on cold days.